• generalmailbox2

Horse Farm and Equine Insurance

Why protect your investment with a tailored insurance package? The answer is because a homeowners policy does not cover the risks associated with an equine business!

If your horse farm operations include horse boarding, horse training and/or providing riding instruction, the need for a Farmowners policy exists. Regardless of how small or big your operation is, a homeowners policy doesn’t provide what you need. We work with carriers that offer Farm owners a “horse farm” insurance policy. This is a package policy that can be customized to meet your specific needs. There are many options available to add or expand coverage. Typically, a Farmowners policy will provide, but is not limited to:

  • Replacement cost insurance for your residence and household contents, including coverage for related private structures and even extended replacement cost of 125%

  • Option to include additional residences under your Farmowners policy, and tenant homes.

  • Coverage for your outbuildings, barns, buildings and structures including entrance gates and specialty equipment for horses.

  • Coverage for farm and business personal property, such as machinery and tack, as well as hay and grain supplies; even at secondary locations.

  • Personal liability and commercial liability for your equine business activities is included which provides coverage for third party bodily injury and property damage claims that may be brought against you.

  • Care, Custody or Control coverage can be added with as small as $5,000 per horse/$10,000 per policy limit and up to a $1million per horse/$2million per policy limit.

  • An excess liability policy that provides an extra layer of protection over your farm general liability as well as the commercial auto exposure, and your workers compensation liability.


Recent Posts

See All

© 2023 by GCH Insurance Group